Steve worked as an engineer for about 10 years before changing careers and joining Prudential. After a few years, he became disenchanted with the sales-oriented approach to delivering financial advice since it did not have the client’s best interests at heart and he believed strongly in the value of financial planning. In 1993 he left Prudential and founded a firm which later became Atlas Fiduciary Financial and in 1998 joined the National Association of Financial Planners (NAPFA).
Steve feels so strongly about NAPFA and its mission to “fix” the way advice is delivered to consumers that he has been involved as a volunteer for many years in many roles, serving as eastern region chair and president and gradually rising through the ranks of governance until he was elected to the highest position, Chair of the National Board (2018-2019). NAPFA membership was a natural fit for us since we believe the client comes first and that providing detailed financial planning is key to the success of our clients.
Steve loves helping people organize the financial aspects of their lives and planning for their future whether it will be for early retirement, buying a second house or even just helping to provide a feeling of security in knowing that you can achieve your goals and dreams in life. He particularly likes to work with executives, professionals and business owners.
Steve’s hobbies include photography, cooking and sports cars. He stays in shape through weightlifting and karate (black belt, Shotokan). He enjoys playing with his 3 dogs; don’t mention them or you’ll have to see their pictures! He is married and has a 19-year-old daughter attending George Washington University.
Education & Certifications
- Stevens Institute, BE, ‘77
- MBA, Finance
- MS, Financial Planning
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Member, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, (NAPFA)
- Served on NAPFA’s Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region; past Chair (2013/2014) and past President (2012/2013)
- Past Chair of the National Board (2018-2019)
- Member, CFA Institute
- Member, New York Society of Securities Analysts (NYSSA)
- Appeared on CNNfn’s show “Open House,” hosted by Gerri Willis