Our Qualifications - Education Matters
For that reason we require each member of our team hold a Bachelor degree in Finance, or related degree and a CFP® designation.
And we go beyond. Our senior advisors, pride ourselves in our advanced, synergistic and complimentary educational backgrounds, enabling us to recommend smarter financial solutions so you can live your best life.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Financial Planning
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting and Finance
Masters and Bachelor in finance, accounting, and economics
As a Fee-Only and Fiduciary Firm we are compensated only by you – you are the boss and our interests are aligned with yours.
As an Independent Boutique Firm we have flexibility to design the compensation structure most suited to your needs.
Ongoing Asset Management with Financial Plan Updates
We can manage your investments (they are held at our custodian) under a tiered fee schedule. View Fee Schedule >
Ongoing asset management includes updates to your financial roadmap on an as needed basis. We recommend that we revise your projections and roadmap when things change you (maybe you want to retire sooner) or perhaps because tax laws changed.
What are you paying now?
About Atlas Fiduciary
We inspire and influence consumers, financial planners, and the profession to make S.M.A.R.T.E.R.™ financial decisions using scientific processes and modeling, which change lives.
As we partner with our clients, providing financial solutions to achieve a better life, our work inspires all involved in meaningful and measurable ways.
We partner with our clients to provide S.M.A.R.T.E.R.™ financial solutions to create financial confidence, peace of mind and fulfillment.
- To use the body of knowledge (the science of investment theory and household economic theory) to formulate trusted, educated & responsible recommendations
- To build trusting and fulfilling relationships with clients, each other and within our community and profession
- To help clients achieve their life goals and provide clarity about their financial circumstance
- To foster meaningful careers and a great work environment for our team
- To provide leadership for the profession and inspire others within it
- To continuously grow and improve as individuals and as a firm
- To grow profitably and sustainably for the next generation
- Fiduciary: We always put our client’s interests first. The client is our boss and the only person we are obliged to serve.
- Education: We require our staff to have university degrees in finance or related field and a CFP®designation. We encourage our team to seek advanced degrees, certifications, and embrace continuous learning, essential to delivering S.M.A.R.T.E.R.TM financial advice.
- Transparency: We provide disclosure of any potential conflict in the beginning and throughout the relationship.
- Integrity and Honesty: We are uncompromised in our values and will never waver, even if the choice adversely affects our firm.
- Empathy and Patience: We always take the time to listen and understand our client’s goals, preferences, and situation so we can provide the recommendations they require.
- Our Atlas Team: We have a team of highly educated and experienced advisors who have complementary talents and skills and who are aligned and committed to a common purpose and mission.
- Our collective values and client focus capitalizes on our individual knowledge and our relationships with each other, resulting in better client service.
- Because clients work with and know the team, there is always someone they can speak to who knows their situation.
- Our Broader Team: Even with the Atlas brain trust, we do not know everything. Our network of other fee-only advisors, PhDs and economists, tax professionals, attorneys, and other specialists support us with advanced solutions. If you have a trusted advisor you work with, we work with them to make sure your “broader team” of experts are synchronized and consistently focused on your needs.
- We are active members of the relevant organizations (NAPFA and FPA) shaping our profession. We serve in leadership roles (as chairman, board members, team leaders) in these organizations; We actively support the organizations by speaking at their conferences, writing articles for their publications, and participating in advocacy initiatives.
- We teach and develop curriculum for current and future financial planning professionals at universities and financial services firms based on investment/household economic theory and the practical application of the body of knowledge. Our firm is one of the few firms who understand the academic and practical aspects of the work, so we are obliged to share our knowledge.
- We employ an Internship Program for students studying to become financial professionals, providing real-world experience for nascent advisors so they learn how to best serve clients.
Optimizing Your Wealth on a Continuous Basis
Ongoing asset management includes updates to your financial roadmap on an as-needed basis. We recommend revisions to your projections and roadmaps when life, tax laws, etc. change or take place. Together, we’ll rebalance as needed so your portfolio does not become riskier and you receive the extra return by adhering to a strict buy/sell strategy.
Women’s Money Empowerment
A prediction about an uncertain future is just an opinion and should not determine anyone’s investment decision. Many people learn this the hard way. Markets have always rewarded discipline – having an investment philosophy, a strategy to manage risk and sticking to it is the surest way to reap success when investing.
There seem there are two extremes when it comes to investing. Those investors panic the first minute we experience a down day. Others are not phased at all since, after all, the market always bounces right back.
Warren Buffett is known for offering his investors these words of wisdom on more than one occasion. He intended to remind investors that everyone can look like a genius in a bull market, but undisciplined investing can leave you vulnerable during market downturns. Understanding and managing your risk is our number one job. Protecting against changing regimes and worst-case scenarios while providing exposure to growth is quite the balancing act. Still, financial science has proven that we can do it.